Saturday, October 30, 2004

I experienced my first earthquake today! I sort of disappointed....I know I shouldn't be but it wasn't very exciting.

On the weekends I work for a property management company, showing their new apartment building to prospective tenants. (It's an easy job and I spend most of the time reading.) Well, I was standing outside smoking a cigarette leaning up against a scaffolding that has yet to be taken down. All of the sudden, the scaffolding shakes and makes this "BRUMGH" noise. I thought maybe a couple of the doors inside slammed shut. I went and checked, but nothing....They were all still open.

I didn't think about it again until I got home. The first thing the SO asks is, "Did you feel the earthquake this morning."

And here's the rest of the conversation:

me: Uh, NO.....What earthquake?

roomie: it around 9 o'clock

me: uh no....

SO: I slept through it

me: wow

roomie: yeah, I was laying in bed and the whole building started shaking. Are you sure you didn't feel it?

me: well (insert story form above) that was around 9 AM

SO: that's when it happened

me: oh....damn, my first earthquake and I didn't even notice.

SO: believe me that's a good thing. Would you rather have that new apartment building falling around your ears?

me: no, I was just expecting something a little more dramatic than a scaffolding swaying and making noise. I wanted a big rumbles and to be tossed on my ass, you know shaky vision like in the movies.

SO: no it's better this way. Now you know you can handle it.

everyone kinda expected me to wig out on the first go round with Mother Earth's carnival ride. But I didn't.....Life is good! God I love LA!

No comments: