Friday, August 26, 2005

Ok - I have a confession to make....

I really like Moulin Rouge.

Now - I know this doesn't sound like a huge deal. I'm a girl. It was made for us girls to like, but I poo poo'ed it pretty bad the first time I saw it. But I everytime it's on and the SO isn't home - I have to watch it. I'm addicted. And I feel really guilty that I lile it. I should hate it, because in the real world - the story is SOO predictable and the acting isn't really that great. But Nicole is beautiful, and she looks like every girl's glamourous Marilyn Monroe / Rachel Welch fanatasy figure. Ewan looks amazing as always, and you forget that John Leguizamo really isn't that short. The colors - the twisted pop songs that I love and hate and want to hear more of....Roxanne to name one. Love is a many splendid thing, etc...

Oh my god and the costumes! I don't even want to start that.

Oh, and Grease! I've loved that movie since I was a child. It is one of the first movies I remember seeing in the theater. I was 5. I have literally seen the damn thing, one hundred times, but I can't ignore it when I see it on the TV schedule. I have to watch it. I sing every song - even though I have a horrible singing voice. I love it. Even before I know what all the dirty stuff really meant.

When we were little, my parents took my brother and I to see Animal House. My baby Buzzard was SOO disapointed there weren't any animals in the movie. He walked out of the theater crying and whining because he had wanted to see animals. Hee Hee ^_^

It's hard to forget that I live in the middle of LA LA land. There are shoots every where every day. I live 2 blocks from the train station in the Italian Job. Hell I work for a entertainment giant myself - but sometimes there are a few movies that make you forget where you are and what you do and make you happy.

Moulin Rouge - Thank you!

No comments: