Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Seems like.......

It seems to me that lately when I write here, all I write about is how
things suck. At least my last post was about things suck....

They don't really, but I'm a drama queen.

I haven't written since before my birthday.

I've been to the beach 3 times since then. I love going to the beach. It
makes me feel at peace with the world. The sound of the waves just melts
away all the bad juujuu I've been feeling I have and realize that I
really am in a better place emotionally and physically.

Had we stayed in Austin, I'd be up to my eyeballs in all sorts of shit.
No power, no phone, no place to live and definitely no fun. There were
no jobs in Austin and if I did land one, it probably wouldn't have paid
as well as the one I have now.

I have some how lost my allergy to eggs too. Weirdness. Ordered
eggbeaters instead of scrambled eggs on a dinner at IHoP one morning
when the S.O. & I were splurging - they tasted kinda funny but, not bad
so I said something to the SO about it.....his eggs tasted funny too.
Well we switched the eggs, because, of course - the kitchen or waitress
made a mistake. But I've been able to eat eggs ever since. I assume that
this particular allergy was just a mental thing. I'd been told by my mom
that I was allergic to eggs, so I never ate them and when I did, they
made me nauseous (sp?). It's like my roomie's allergy to cheese. If he
is in a relationship with a woman, he magically becomes lactose
intolerant. He can't eat cheese or drink milk without doubling over in
pain from stomach cramps. It's completely mental, when he's not seeing
anyone - you should see this man's cheese consumption.....it's
stunning.

My birthday was actually pretty goood. People remembered to call me, my
parents, a buddy from Australia. Thank you guys again, by the way.

I ended up having a sort of birthday weekend, it was very very nice.

The Friday before, the S.O. and I went to my new favorite Chinese
restaurant in Chinatown. It's called Big China Tong Sing. They have the
best eggrolls ever.

Saturday, I got a gift certificate in the mail from my parents for
Target. Went and bought a new microwave, a new hair dryer, and the
latest extended version of Underworld, that cool vampire movie. The S.O.
went to help this guy he met do a wireless network install and got paid
a little bit of money, so he bought the 1st DVD of Ghost in the Shell,
Stand Alone Complex - which is really good IMHO.

Sunday we just hung out at the apartment.

Monday, I my boss came back from vacation, frankly the best present I
got. I scheduled a thank you luncheon for our graphics department, so
they all sang happy birthday to me at the end. The rest of the day was
pretty normal.



see you

No comments: